Location Address: SFU Harbour Centre
• We sit in a half arc in the room in cushioned chairs that can roll around the floor.
• We use a mounted chalkboard. A white board can also be secured if needed.
• The lights are pretty generic but we have the option of dimming if people prefer us to.
• There are both gendered and non-gendered bathrooms throughout the building. On the first floor there’s a gender neutral & wheelchair accessible bathroom.
• The building entrance, elevator, classroom is fully wheelchair accessible. Please let me know if you will be using a wheelchair/scooter so I can make sure the half arc seating arrangement has an opening for you (we can totally re-arrange for the best set-up too).
• Our classes are scent-reduced. This means we want you to make every effort to come to class scent-free. Generally speaking, we expect you to not wear perfume, cologne, hairspray, or anything scented. If you ever notice someone wearing something scented, please let me know and I will talk with them. Please read the scent-free section in the welcome email to learn more.
• Eating food in the classroom is not allowed. You can eat outside of the classroom during break. Drinks are okay in the classroom though. If this is a concern of yours, please discuss with me and we can see if we can figure something out that works for you.
If there are any concerns, misunderstandings, or questions, please do get in touch with us via email and we can talk about it. If anything occurs during class that leaves you wanting to bring it up with your instructor either in person or via email, please do. It is important that Queer ASL is an emotionally and physically safe space and we want to always be working on improving this.
If you have any allergies or specific access needs, please let me know asap. We will make every effort to have this set up before class/workshop starts.