Class Location: Broadway Youth Resources Centre (BYRC) – 2455 Fraser St
• We sit in a half arc in the room with plastic chairs that have armrests (metal chairs can be requested). If you need a chair without armrests, please let us know and we will do everything we can to set this up before your first class.
• We use a white board with scent-free markers.
• The building entrance & classroom is fully wheelchair accessible. Please let me know if you will be using a wheelchair/scooter so I can make sure the half arc seating arrangement has an opening for you (we can totally re-arrange for the best set-up too).
• There is an accessible washroom single stall all-genders washroom. We also have accesible multi-stall gendered washrooms with signage on the door stating trans people are welcome.
• The space is cleaned with unscented LEED products, however, we do have laundry onsite and youth sometimes have scented products for that. As it is a drop-in space we cannot guarantee that folks won’t be wearing scented products.
• Our classes are scent-reduced. This means we want you to make every effort to come to class scent-free. Generally speaking, we expect you to not wear perfume, cologne, hairspray, or anything scented. If you ever notice someone wearing something scented, please let me know and I will talk with them. Please read the scent-free section in the welcome email to learn more.
• Eating food in the classroom is not allowed. You can eat outside of the classroom during break. Drinks are okay in the classroom though. If this is a concern of yours, please discuss with me and we can see if we can figure something out that works for you.
If there are any concerns, misunderstanding, or questions – please do get in touch with me via email and we can talk about it. If anything occurs during class that leaves you wanting to bring it up with your instructor either in person or via email, please do. It is important that Queer ASL is an emotionally and physically safe space and we want to always be working on improving this.
If you have any allergies or specific access needs, please let me know asap. I will make every effort to have this set up before class/workshop starts.